Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Drive to Queenstown


Beth and I got up early this morning and drove to the supermarket for fresh pastries and yogurt for breakfast, we also had to buy a blow dryer for Beth, cause there was “no way I’m letting my hair air dry!” because we stayed in my flat instead of a hotel. So after we were all showered and clean we started our journey away from the coast and into the mountains to the little town of Queenstown. Once we turned off the coastal highway and started gaining altitude I was noticing how unique and interesting some of the rock formations were that were poking out of the sea of gold grasses that lined the valleys in between the mountains. I swear I was going to see Gandolf riding his horse in the distance as I looked closer, because I was sure I had journeyed into Middle earth and had joined the hobbits from Lord of the Rings. But Beth and I had to leave Middle earth and followed the winding road along a mountain stream that would take us all the way to Queenstown. When we were only a half hour from Queenstown, Beth and I were surrounded by beautiful mountain vineyards that produce some of the best Pinot noirs in the world! (Don’t worry, we did sample them later that night :D). When we finally got to Queenstown we were greeted by high mountain peaks and a beautiful blue lake. We walked along the shore and dipped our feet into the cool water, and ate outside in the warm mountain air. We wandered around in town for awhile and then watched the sunset behind the mountains. We are calling it an early night tonight because we have a long early day tomorrow! Cheers for now!






No comments:

Post a Comment