Monday, February 11, 2013

Settling into Dunedin!

The bus trip here was 6 hours and was brutal because I was quite tired from all our my traveling! But I finally got there, I had a long trek home through the city but it was nice to stretch my legs. When I got home my Kiwi host Becca was there, she was really welcoming and introduced me to a bunch of her friends. I went to the gym with them to work out then we had a girls night to watch movies. I also met a girl from Sweden named Lena (Grammi, she said that she would write you a letter sometime in swedish!) I am here a bit early so there aren't many internationals here yet but more are coming everyday and I am meeting lots of people. I also took a hike up to signal hill in Dunedin which gives us great views of the whole city. That night some of the Kiwi hosts and their friends took us out to town to hangout and party a bit with the locals. We had a blast, and it was awesome to meet the local students! Right now I am sorting our my classes and setting up a bank account, just some house keeping things, but O week starts soon! With will be awesome! Hope everyone is well!




2 comments:

  1. Hi Kailyn! Again, just loved reading your blogs from NZ. We have been in Omaha since Friday a.m. and I didn't take my computer with me, so I was eager to catch up with you. I have talked briefly with Beth. She loved her trip, though she was really exhausted when she got home. I received an ipad mini for my birthday from Fred and the kids. I wasn't able to access your blog on it because I wasn't set up with internet yet. I'm going to call Miki tonight and she will help me with it. Good thing I have a whole computer-literate family. I really need the help. It's fun, tho, when I'm successful. By now you have met many more friends. I hope you will tell us about them in your next entry. Keep writing. I love it, though I know it takes a lot of time, and at 2:58 a.m.??? Your photos are truly beautiful!..So are you. Love you, Sweet Girl. Grammi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kailyn - I would enjoy hearing from your Swedish friend. And it's always a treat to hear from you. We think about you all the time, and we wonder today what you are doing yesterday. It's always a surprise to open your blog and realize you wrote it in such a distant time zone. You're way ahead of us, Girl. Keep them coming. Love you. Grammi

    ReplyDelete